I had come across the idea of taking along a mascot when I first came up with the idea of living life as a Vagabond, but could not find any animals that were directly related to a Vagabond. On my Trip to Guyana, one of the other people on the trip preformed a song that he had written about parrots flying free (we were on a Parrot-Oriented Eco-Tour) and it really struck me deep down inside.

I was sifting through all the things that I have collected on my past journeys, and came across a Balata Parrot from Rewa, Guyana. This was it, He was going to be my new travel companion, as well as my new mascot. This little parrot is going to fly as free as any parrot wishes they could. I need to come up with an appropriate name for him, and I will be taking pictures of HIS Travels Around the World as a Free Vagabond Parrot.

1 comments

  1. Andy HoboTraveler.com // May 8, 2008 at 9:16 AM  

    Cool, I have been trying to make a little HoboTraveler.com doll for years. Tried again a few month ago, I want to take the log of my site as a small doll. I do not like to be in photos, I figure I could take photos of my Hobo on a mountain, in a video, chatting up the local girls. Good idea this parrot.

    Andy HoboTraveler.com Travel Blog