I have to take care of all the things in my 'at-home' life before I can realistically sling my backpack on and disappear. Here is the list of things that I need to accomplish before I can actually walk out my front door, and not look back as I try to catch the next flight.

Housing - I need to find someone to rent my house, as I do not plan on paying the mortgage from another country while no-one lives in the house.

Money - My money needs to be separated into accounts for each purpose. I could keep them all in one account, but for my brain, and the possibility of theft of a single ATM card; it is easier to split everything up and keep it all compartmentalized.

Income - I need to perfect the details of HOW I Will Make Money on the Internet. I have setup a few websites for income purposes, but they need some time to mature int he search engines. This will not be long, as I have found small niches that do not have many results targeted to the prospective audience.

Amsterdam Travel Photos / Amsterdam Desktop Backgrounds
Guyana Travel Photos / Guyana Desktop Backgrounds
Amsterdam Coffee Shop Reviews
Free eBay Auction Advertising

Travel Plans - I need to book my first plane ticket out of the United States. As I am in Massachusetts, and Boston, Logan Airport is a great jump-off point to Europe, and more specifically, Amsterdam (I Love that City, and feel home there); I will be purchasing a Stand-By ticket through AirTech. I have used them many times as a jump to Europe. They give you a travel voucher for whenever you wan to to fly, into ONE of the dozens of places they fly into, and you sit stand-by...The longest I have had to wait was 24 hours in like 6 six trips. This affords me the ability to be a true Vagabond, and leave my plans open for changes.

Personal Belongings - I will be selling most of my stuff on eBay, as soon as I take pictures, and make up a username. I will also be on Craigslist for the larger items that are just not practical to be shipped. The remainder of my 'stuff' is going to distributed amongst the following charitable organizations. I have a few homeless guys that I have become friendly with in Boston, and want to help them, and their families out, so clothes will be going there, the other garments that aren't practical to be given to them goto the Salvation Army, and the Veteran's Shelter down the street. My 'personal' items that have traveled through childhood with me are getting boxed up and being taken to be stored on the farm my dad lives on in Alabama.

Mailing Address - I need to goto the United States Post Office Website, and change my mailing address/forwarding address to my dad's place in Alabama. This gives me a NEW place to send mail to, where I know it will be kept for me, or taken care of if need be; as well as it changes my residency status from Taxachusetts (5.4% State Income Tax) to Alabama (3rd Lowest Tax rate at 4.3%). This will help me by Saving Me Money While Traveling the World.

0 comments