I started thinking about things I could be doing while on my way down to or back from the South Eastern Coast of the United States when I got this wave of wonder about music festivals during the early part of June. I went online and found The Bonnaroo Festival in Tennessee from June 12-15, 2008. I had wanted to goto Bonnaroo a few years ago, but didn't want to pay the ticket price, nor did I think my girlfriend or I could get time off from work, so it was scrapped. The thought came across again 9 months ago, and I thought about volunteering there, just cuz I thought it would be fun. Again...time, money, vacation...none of it would have worked out, so it was scrapped.

--Enter Saturday Night's Internet Surfing--
I found Bonnaroo again, and on a whim @ 2am on Saturday night, I applied for a volunteer spot. The last day for applications was Monday (today) at 5, so I said 'what the hell'. I sent in an email this morning when I got up to make sure that my app had been reviewed, got an email back saying that only during-festival volunteer spots we open and that I had been accepted into the volunteer process. This means that after I put down my (refundable as long as I volunteer) $260 and show up, I will be part of the Bonnaroo Festival of 2008.

All of my prior trips have had concrete plans laid in them. This is the first time that I am finally living Free. Free to do as I please, when I please. In one moments time, just on a whim, because I felt it was a fun idea, my plans have changed. Not the overall long-term plans, just the path in which I use to get to my destination. I have my standby plane ticket to Amsterdam, and can leave from virtually anywhere on the East Coast when I so choose.

Live Globally, Work Digitally

0 comments