I am now just that much closer to my leave date. The party is planned for this weekend, I have made my camping reservations, bought a AAA membership (good idea for a 3500mi car trip...let THEM change the tire, or get the gas can =) I have also pieced together 3 'towers' that I will use as corner bases for the tarp to cover my camping area at Bonnaroo.....as well as give me a PORTABLE tree to tie my hammock to. I had built an 8' diameter geodesic dome with EMT tubing for a parrot sanctuary I volunteered at, had fun, and built my own at a 12' diameter, which had intentions of being a geodesic dome greenhouse, but after a year of no coverings, it was dismantled, and now re-used as my 'support towers'.

Here is the 8' geodesic dome we built:



I can't find a pic of the 12' diameter 'geodesic dome greenhouse'; but when I do, I will place it here. Some type of picture management is going to have to happen soon. I am hoping that with My Travel Photo Site, that it will help me organize them better; and with picasa doing the auto-coloring, and renaming in bulk, Easy Thumbnails shrinking em, I am starting to get the hang of it.


Here is a pic of an assembled hammock tower:

and one of a stress test:


What can I say...I like to construct things and use my brain to figure out how to do it.

.....Back to putting this past chapter of my life into boxes


Live Globally, Work Digitally
Vagabond Sean

0 comments